Pillowcapers: A Sleepy Adventure is a very different type of bedtime story. Follow Sam, whose pillowcase unlocks hidden powers, as he discovers a magical sleepy world. He becomes part of the elite Society of Heroes, Heroines and Haberdashers, also known as, S.H.H.H., and uses larger-than-life powers to battle a colorful, noisy nuisance that has arrived in his small town of Tidy Corners.
Every dream needs a hero. So, get sleepy.
Founded by Bill Sneed and Jody MacKinnon, Yankee Peddler is an independent animation company in Los Angeles, California. It is a place where outstanding talent and imaginative ideas grow together. We are made up of two parts. Our commercial side produces motion graphics for documentaries, films and commercials. And our publishing side is where original stories become a reality.
We believe in the power of children's books, in any format. And our motto is simple: Stories are durable. Read on.
About Bill Sneed
Bill Sneed is the writer and creative force behind the Pillowcapers Series. The adventure that takes place in the Town of Tidy Corners began by trying to get his young nephew, Logan, to (finally) go to sleep. But it quickly opened up a world of sleepy wonders and possibilities.
Bill is a designer, illustrator and animator by trade. He also teaches animation techniques at his alma mater, Otis College of Art and Design. And he owns two dogs, who collectively make up the personality and voice of Shuffles.
Most importantly, each and every day, Bill uses his imagination to try and answer the 'what if' questions of life.
This book was written and animated exclusively for the iPad. It is the first story in a series that will introduce a variety of main characters, problem solving techniques and fantastical foes.
Designed for children aged 3 - 8 and it includes the following features:
• 'Read to Me' and 'Read it Myself' features
• Words highlight to help improve reading skills
• Pages are formatted for easy reading at a child's pace
• Auto Play Mode can be turned on at any point and picks up wherever you are in the story. This makes a seamless transition from active to passive playing, especially when falling asleep
• Intuitive Interaction so nothing gets missed or needs a 'hint'
• ‘Parent Gate’ protects children from the information page and additional internet links
• 'Locked' Menu Button protects the viewing experience from unintentional clicks
• Original Music and Sound Design takes repetitious play into account to save parent's ears.
• Original story, beautiful illustrations and dynamic animations that will hold everyone's attention.
• No in-App purchases
• No links to additional upgrades
• No virtual goods
• No advertisements
• No social media integration
• No personal data collection
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Written and Created by Bill Sneed
Illustration and Animation by Yankee Peddler
Programming by The Curio Dept.
Narration by Dave Pettitt
Music by Shawn Lyon
Sound Design and Mix by Scot Lang
For Yankee Peddler:
Illustrations by: Bill Sneed, Jeffrey Jeong, Oliver Wee, Audrey Lee and Belinda Rodriguez
Animations by: Bill Sneed, Jeffrey Jeong, and Oliver Wee
Produced by Jody MacKinnon
Dedicated to the wonderful young readers in our lives:
Masen, Cameron, Logan, Carson, Madison, Natalie