1. You are free to choose whether or not to engage in any activity on our Platforms that involves your submission of personal information, such as your name, email address, phone number or other information that can be used to identify or contact an individual, whether online or offline. We will ask you for such information expressly. Most of the activities on our Platforms do not require you to submit any personal information.
2. When we ask you to submit personal information, such as requesting an email address when you sign up for a newsletter, we will use the information only as we have stated, other than in Special Circumstances which are described below (such as in relation to law enforcement or a business transfer).
3. We use the anonymous information that is automatically collected from your device, such as a computer’s Internet Protocol address, a mobile device identifier, operating system, or general location such as zip code, to support internal operations so that we can understand and monitor the usage of our Platforms and improve the performance of the Platforms.
4. There is no behavioral advertising on our Platforms which means that you will not see any advertising that is targeted to you based on your combined activity on our Platforms and your activity on other sites and apps.
ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13:
6. Our collection of personal information on Platforms that are directed to children under 13 (“Children’s Platforms”) is intended to follow the principles of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), a U.S. law designed to protect the online privacy of children under the age of 13.
7. Yankee Peddler is extremely committed to protecting children’s privacy online.
8. Our website(s) are for a general audience. Anyone may visit our websites, including “Pillowcapers.com,” “YankeePeddler.tv,” and “YankeePeddlerBooks.com,” without any personal information being collected.
9. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without consent from a parent or legal guardian.
10. We will obtain parental consent before asking for personal information on our Children’s Platforms, unless the request for information falls within an exception that would be permitted under COPPA.
11. We do not make personal information collected from children publicly available nor do we enable children to so on our Platforms.
12. We will not condition a child’s participation in any activity or service on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity.
13. Parents may contact us (at firstname.lastname@example.org) to review, update or delete any of their children’s personal information that we may have collected and to elect for us not to collect any additional personal information from their children. If you believe we may have inadvertently collected information from your child, please contact us and we will work to delete it.
INFORMATION WE REQUEST ON OUR CHILDREN’S PLATFORMS:
We will obtain parental consent before asking for personal information on our Children’s Platforms, unless the request for information falls within an exception that would be permitted under COPPA. We will explain how we will use the information and use it only for that purpose. Here is an example of personal information that we request on our Children’s Platforms:
• Email Newsletters. When visitors on our Children’s Platforms wish to sign up to receive our email newsletters, we will ask for a parent’s first name and email address. We will send a notification email to the parent and give the parent the option to decline the newsletter. If the newsletter is declined, we will not send the newsletter and will delete from our files any related personal information collected in the sign-up process. If the newsletter is not declined, we will send the newsletter. All newsletters contain instructions so that the recipient may unsubscribe at any time.
Involvement in your family’s online lives is one of the most important safety tools available. In addition, we encourage you to educate yourself and your child on privacy concerns. We recommend, as a starting point, the following guide published by the federal government, http://www.onguardonline.gov/articles/0031-kids-privacy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY | ANONYMOUS INFORMATION:
During normal use of the website(s) and app(s), Yankee Peddler does not collect personal information about you. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection. We use the anonymous information that is automatically collected to support the internal operations of the Platforms. Some of this information is collected through third-party analytics tools. Internal operations include the following:
- • To monitor metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic;
- • To understand which activities and services are most popular;
- • Crash reports and basic usage data;
- • To understand the pages where visitors enter our Sites and the pages viewed;
- • To reduce the repetition in the promotional messages that users see on our Platforms;
- • To understand generally the location of our users (e.g., zip code information);
- • To recognize the browsers used to visit our Sites, so that the content is adapted for the relevant browser; and
- • To diagnose and fix technology problems.
By visiting our Platform, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of a Site through tracking technologies and identifiers, (for example, Google Analytics.)
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH SUBMISSION |PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Yankee Peddler through any of our Web Sites. Our primary purpose for collecting personal information is to fulfill a service requirement, initiated by you.
Some examples are when you:
- • Create an account on one of our websites;
- • Sign up for our newsletter;
- • Request customer service or contact us;
- • Submit a “Yankee Peddler” or “Pillowcapers” related story, testimonial, rating or review or other user-generated content that may be posted on the site;
- • Make an online purchase from us;
- • Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion or survey; or
- • Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of communication.
You may at anytime request that Yankee Peddler delete all your personal information held in relation to any service. This may result in you not being able to use relevant services. But you may at any time re-register. You may request from Yankee Peddler details of all your personal information collected and stored by Yankee Peddler. Yankee Peddler is entitled to charge a reasonable fee for providing such details. Should your personal information change at any time you may inform Yankee Peddler and request that your personal information be updated.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION:
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER AND USAGE:
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION:
We strive to maintain the security of information but cannot guarantee that information security measures are fail-safe or guarantee that information on a Platform may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Our Platforms maintain technical and organizational steps to keep information collected secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers and use of electronic security systems and password protections to guard against unauthorized access.
We limit access to visitor’s information to employees and contractors who are authorized for the proper handling of such information, and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We also take reasonable steps to help make sure our third-party agents protect the security of your personal information. However, as with most Internet sites or services, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully access such personal information through a number of means despite our best efforts.
Law Enforcement and Safety. We may access, preserve and share your information when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to: (i) respond to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) or otherwise to take action because we believe it is required or advisable under the law; (ii) detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; (iii) respond to your requests for customer service; or (iv) limit our legal liability or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ourselves, any user of our Platforms, a third party or the general public including as part of investigations.
Security Notice. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent you have given us your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
The companies that we use, but are not be limited to, include: Crashlytics, Flurry, Google Analytics, and Mail Chimp.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES:
Our Platforms may link to other websites or apps, including content offered by third parties that we do not control and whose privacy and data collection practices may differ from ours (“Third Party Platforms”). We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Platforms, including the information or content contained within them.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM PLUGINS:
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS:
Under the California “Shine The Light” law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83) our visitors, who are California residents, are permitted to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please contact us with any questions or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose information for marketing purposes and the categories of information we may disclose. You may also choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request to: email@example.com
- If you have posted, sent, or shared information within a public forum, i.e. Facebook posts, Twitter comments, etc. These may appear on our website(s) but are not specifically controlled by Yankee Peddler, Inc.
- This opt-out does not prohibit disclosure made for non-marketing purposes.
Please contact us if you have any questions about us or our service providers at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Date | October 10, 2013